Non-subscription offerings are physical or virtual items available for one-time purchase by your customers. A non-subscription offering can include an order-based service or a virtual inventory item.
Note: If you want to associate product fields with a non-subscription offering, you must first create the product fields (under Configuration > Client Settings > Product Fields > New).
Creating a Non-Subscription Offering
Getting Here: Click Products > Non-subscription Offerings
- Click New.
The Create New Non-subscription Offering form displays.
- Complete the Name, Client Defined Identifier, Description, and SKU required fields.
- Select one of the following non-subscription offerings from the Type drop-down:
- Inventory item: A physical item available for one-time purchase by a customer, such as a router or a software license.
- Resource type: A virtual item with a specific number of units that a customer can buy, such as gold coins offered by a gaming company or prepaid minutes offered by a telecommunications company.
Note: In order to use resource types, VIE (Virtual Inventory Engine) must be set up in your Aria implementation. This will allow Aria to track the amount of a resource type that each customer has.
- From the Track Stock Level drop-down, select Yes if you want to be able to decrease or increase the stock level of the offering when customers buy the offering or you add to the stock of the offering. You can change the stock level using Aria or the update_inventory_item_stock API call.
If you select Yes, the Adjust Stock Level By field displays. Enter the quantity of the offering that is currently in stock.
- In the Status field, define whether the item's status is Active or Inactive.
Select Inactive to make this offering unavailable for customers to buy or to be ordered for customers by using the Accounts section in Aria.
- If you are creating or editing an inventory item, from the Queue Activation drop-down you can select from the following options.
- Do not queue if this offering should be available for purchase immediately.
- Activate after date if this offering should be available for purchase after a date that you specify.
- Deactivate after date if this offering should be unavailable for purchase after a date that you specify.
- Queue Date: If you selected Activate after date or Deactivate after date, you must specify the date after which the offering should be available or unavailable for purchase.
- Auto Create Service Credit: If you are creating or editing an inventory item, you can select Yes to specify that for that item, an unapplied service credit should be generated after a customer has paid for an order containing the item. The amount of the unapplied service credit will be equal to the amount that the customer was charged for the item. Taxes will not be included in the amount of the service credit. Select No if you do not want an unapplied service credit to be generated.
Note: To have Aria generate the unapplied service credit, you must subscribe to the Order Paid event under: Configuration > Notifications > Events > Orders.
The unapplied service credit balance for the previous statement period and the current statement period can be displayed on your customers’ statements.
Please contact Aria Systems Customer Support to have the unapplied service credit balances displayed on your customers’ statements.