This article provides the steps necessary for adding services to a plan.
Note: A service may not be added, edited, or removed from a plan to which a customer is subscribed.
Adding Services to a Plan
Getting Here: Click Products > Plans > Services
- Select each service that you want to add to the plan from the Services That Can Be Added to This Plan list.
To display more available services, click the navigation arrows at the top of the list. To filter the list of services, enter all or part of a service name or service type in the search field.
- Click Add Selected Service(s).
Note: You can also click the Add New Service button to create a new service to add to this list. Once added, you can select this service to include in the plan.
Indicate whether the price of the service also includes tax by checking the Tax Inclusive Rates checkbox (not applicable for usage-based service types).
- Indicate whether the service should be non-refundable by checking the Non-Refundable/Avalanche Earn checkbox.
Note: This field is applicable only for recurring and order-based services.
When a non-refundable service undergoes a midterm termination (service cancelation), no service credit will be created for the account. Instead, the service will be accounted/recorded separately and will be consumed in the Revenue Recognition report for calculating client revenues.
- Indicate whether the service is fulfillment-based by checking the Fulfillment-Based checkbox.
When checked, fulfillment dates—which are specified for each service of each unit of a plan assigned to an account—will be used for delayed billing and will impact invoicing for this recurring service. When left unchecked, fulfillment dates can be specified for tracking purposes and will not have an impact on invoicing.
- Select one of the following options from the Pricing Rule drop-down to specify how customers should be billed when they consume units of the service (only applicable for recurring, usage-based, and order-based services):
- Standard: For each recurring or usage-based service, the rate of a tier will be applied to all units that fall in that tier.
- If units 1-5 = $5 and units 6-10 = $4, a purchase of 7 units would be calculated as follows: 5 units x $5 = $25 and 2 units x $4 = $8, making the total charge $33 ($25 + $8).
- Volume Discount: The rate of a tier will be applied to all units purchased.
- The rate of a tier will be applied to all the units purchased, meaning that if units 1-5 = $5 and units 6-infinity = $4, then a purchase of 7 units would be $28 (7 units x $4).
- Flat Rate Per Tier: A flat rate for each tier will be applied regardless of the number of units purchased. There is no cost per unit.
- If units 1-5 = $30 and units 6-infinity = $25, a purchase of 7 units would be $25.
- Select one of the following options from the High Water Indicator drop-down (only applicable for usage-based and order-based services):
- Yes: Specifies that customers should be charged based on the highest number of units that they consumed during the billing period.
- No: Specifies that customers should be charged based on the total number of units that they consumed during the billing period.
- If 100 usage records for a customer were loaded into Aria for a particular billing period, and the usage units in the records ranged from 2 to 15, the customer would be charged for 15 usage units for the billing period, not the total number of units consumed during the billing period.
- Select one of the following options from the Advanced Billing Options drop-down (only applicable for usage-based and order-based services):
- None: Indicates that no advanced billing options should be applied.
- Usage Tier Multiplier: Specifies that the upper end of the usage tiers for the service should be multiplied by the number of units of the plan that the customer purchased.
- Pool Child Billable Unit Thresholds: Specifies that, for a parent account that is subscribed to this plan, child accounts that are subscribed to plans with the same usage type associated, should be marked as non-billable on the parent account for a particular number of usage units consumed by all of the child accounts.
Note: Pool Child Billable Unit Thresholds apply to child accounts with responsibility level 2, 3, or 4.
- For usage-based and order-based services, if you selected Pool Child Billable Unit Thresholds from the Advanced Billing Options drop-down, you must specify the number of non-billable units in the Billable Unit Threshold field for the plans assigned to the child accounts.
- For usage-based services, you can apply unit-based usage monitoring defaults by checking the boxes to the right and inputting threshold values. Note that to set a daily usage threshold, Apply Rates Daily must be set to Yes, and High Water Indicator must be set to No. If these values are not set as described, no daily options display under Unit-based Usage Monitoring Defaults.
If you sell virtual inventory and you have Virtual Inventory Engine (VIE) set up in your Aria implementation, you can add resource types to your plans.