This article provides steps for adding rates to a plan when creating a new plan. To add rates to a previously created plan, refer to Update a Master Plan Rate Schedule or Update a Supplemental Plan Rate Schedule.
To define custom rates that are only applicable to a specific plan instance, refer to Update a Plan Instance's Rate Schedule
Note: You can add multiple rate schedules for same the currency and for different currencies.
Getting Here: Create a Plan > Rates
- From the Default Currency drop-down, select the currency in which customers subscribed to this plan will be charged.
- When you create a new account, customers subscribed to this plan will be assigned the default rate schedule for the default currency that you selected.
- When you create an account using the create_acct_complete API call, and do not specify a currency code or a rate schedule for the account, that account is assigned the default rate schedule for the default currency that you selected. If you specify a currency for the account, then the default rate schedule for that currency is assigned to the account, even if it is different from the default currency for the selected plan.
- In the Rate Schedule Name field, enter a short, descriptive name for the rate schedule.
- In the Client Defined Identifier field, keep the auto-populated value, or enter another unique value.
Note: The Client Defined Identifier of an existing rate schedule can be edited by setting the Enable Client Rate Schedule ID Edit in Product Catalog client parameter (Configuration > Client Settings > Miscellaneous Settings) to Yes.
- Enter the Available Start Date and Available End Date field. If no end date is specified, the rate schedule does not expire.
- To specify the rate change to begin on a future date, check Future Rate Change Start Date. Enter the future date in the field that displays.
- Configure the rates for each service associated with the plan. Each service type has a different set of configurable parameters.
You can enter prices with up to two decimal places by default. Aria supports up to five decimal places. If you need to enter prices with more than two decimal places, please contact Aria Systems Customer Support.
Note: If Future Rate Change Start Date is checked, then an additional field displays for each service type to define the Future Rate. This Future Rate goes into effect on the future date specified.
- Activation Services and Minimum Fee Services: Enter the rate, and if applicable, the future rate.
- Usage Services and Recurring Services: By default, the From and To fields display 1 - infinity. After you enter the first rate Description and Rate, you can click the plus symbol to add a new rate tier. You can edit the From field for each additional tier and theTo field for each tier before the final tier.
Note: If the Description field does not display, set the Use Rate Tier Descriptions parameter to True (Configuration > Client Settings > Miscellaneous Settings).
- Click the Add Rate Schedule button to create multiple rate schedules and follow steps 2-6 above.
- Click Next: Rollovers.