A credit template allows you to specify the amount of a credit to apply to a customer’s invoice and any combination of plans and services to which the credit applies.
Creating a Credit Template
Getting Here: Click Marketing > Credit Templates
- Click New. Enter information about the new credit template on the Details tab.
- In the Client Defined Identifier field, enter a unique identifier.
- In the Template Name field, enter a descriptive name for the credit template.
- From the Applied Against drop-down, select Any Charge to apply a credit to any charge. Select Specific Charge to apply a credit to a particular plan or to a particular service included in a plan.
If you selected Specific Charge, then choose the Eligible Plan and Alternate Service:
- Eligible Plan: Select the plan to which the credit should be applied.
- Eligible Service: Select the service to which the credit should be applied. If you do not select a service, the credit will be applied to any service included in the selected plan.
- From the Use Alternate Service drop-down, select Standard to have Aria use the default service code of 0 to identify the credit in invoice line items associated with the credit. Select Alternative to choose your own alternate service code with which to identify the credit. Select Same as the “charge’ line item to…
If you selected Alternative, then the Service Name field displays. Select the service code with which to identify the credit in invoice line items associated with the credit.
- From the Frequency drop-down, select Once to generate a single credit for each account to which the credit applies. This single credit will remain in effect until it is fully consumed by future charges. Select Multiple to generate multiple credits for each account to which the credit applies and to specify a time interval between credits.
If you selected Multiple under Frequency, then enter the Number of credits and Time between credits:
- From the Number of credits drop-down, select the number of credits that you want to make available for each account to which you will apply the credit.
- From the Time between credits drop-down, select the number of months that should elapse between each time that the credit is applied to an account's invoice. The number of months should be between 1 and 6.