A coupon provides a credit on a customer’s invoice as a flat amount or percentage-based amount. You can apply a coupon to an account at any time during the account’s active lifecycle.
Creating a Coupon
Getting Here: Click Marketing > Coupons
- Click New.
- Enter information about the new coupon on the Details tab.
- Coupon Code: If you are creating a new coupon, enter your own coupon code or click Generate to have Aria create a coupon code for you.
Note: If you are editing an existing coupon, you cannot change the coupon code.
- In the Description field, enter an explanation of what this coupon will provide.
Note: This description will not be displayed to your customers.
- In the Coupon Message field, enter a message that you can display to your customers after a coupon has been applied to their account.
- Select a Start Date from the calendar to specify the date that the coupon will be available for you to apply to an account.
Note: If you leave the Start Date field blank, the coupon will be available immediately for application to an account. The start date cannot be in the past.
- From the Will coupon have usage limits? drop-down, select No to specify that the coupon will never expire and that there is no limit to the number of times that it can be applied across all your accounts. Select Yes to specify that the coupon will expire after a particular date and/or that there is a limit to the number of times that it can be applied across all your accounts. If you select Yes, then the End Date and No. of Uses fields will appear as described below.
- End Date: If you indicated that the coupon should have usage limits, select a date from the calendar to specify the date after which the coupon can no longer be applied to an account.
Note: If you leave the End Date field blank, the coupon will never expire.
- In the Number of uses field, enter the maximum number of times that the coupon can be applied across all your accounts
Each coupon can be applied to an account only once. The number of uses refers to the number of times that the coupon can be applied across all your accounts.
If you leave the No. of Uses field blank, then the coupon can be used across an unlimited number of accounts.
- From the Type of Discounting drop-down, select the type of discount that the coupon should be based on: Credit Templates, Discount Rules, or Discount Bundles. Complete the steps listed below based on the type of discounting that you selected.