You can create account fields to store additional information about your customers.
- You can create an account field called Sales Rep, then specify a list of sales representatives that can be selected in Aria (Juan Sanchez, Jill Swanson, etc.) You can then specify that customer Jane Smith's sales representative is Juan Sanchez and customer Jim Johnson's representative is Jill Swanson.
Creating an Account Field
Getting Here: Click Configuration > Client Settings > Account Fields
- Click New.
- In the Field Name field, enter a brief descriptive name for the field. Example: Sales Rep.
Note: If an account field is in use, you cannot change its field name.
- In the Description: Enter an explanation of the information that will be stored in the field. Example: Customer's sales representative.
- In the Order field, enter a number to indicate the order in which the account field will be displayed in relation to other account fields. Example: Enter 3 to indicate that the account field should be third on the list of account fields available for selection in the Accounts section of Aria.
Note: If an account field is in use, you cannot change its order.
- From the Required drop-down, select Yes or No to specify that this field must be filled in for every customer.
- From the Hidden drop-down, select Yes or No to specify whether this field should be displayed for completion in the Accounts section of Aria.
Note: If an account field is in use, you cannot change its hidden indicator.
- From the Presentation Mode drop-down, select the method by which information can be entered in the field:
- Text Input: Allows you to enter text in multiple, separate fields.
- Text Area: Allows you to enter a single block of text in one field.
- Select Box: Allows you to select one item from a list.
- Radio Buttons: Allows you to select one item from a group of displayed choices.
- Checkboxes: Allows you to select one or more items from a group of displayed choices.
Note: If an account field is in use, you cannot change its presentation mode.
- In the Minimum Selection field, enter the minimum number of entries that must be made in the account field.
- In the Maximum Selection field, enter the maximum number of entries that can be made in the account field.
Note: Minimum and maximum selection applies to only these presentation modes: Text Area, Select Box, and Checkboxes.
- Click the Allowed Values tab.
Note: The Allowed Values tab only appears if the field's presentation mode is Select Box, Radio Buttons, or Checkboxes.
- If you are creating a new account field, click Add Value to add choices that users can select from. If you are editing a field that is not in use, you can add, edit, or remove values.
- In the Display Text field enter the text that is displayed for users to select in the Accounts section of Aria.
- In the Value field, enter each corresponding value that you want Aria to store. These values will be returned by API calls that retrieve values in account fields. You can also pass these values into API calls with which you retrieve data associated with account fields.
Note: If you are editing an account field, you can click and drag to rearrange the display order of the allowed values. If the field is not in use, you can add, edit, or remove values.
- Click Save.
The new or updated account field is available in the Accounts section.
You can edit an account field at any time by clicking the account field that you want to edit.
The account field information displays on a new screen.