This article provides the steps necessary to create a Notification Template Group.
Creating a Notification Template Group
Getting Here: Click Configuration > Notifications > Notification Template Group
- Click New on the Notification Template Groups screen.
The New Notification Template Group screen displays. This screen contains fields that allow you to name and define the template group.
Note: Fields with an asterisk are required for completion.
- Enter a unique ID in the Client Group ID field. The ID (which can be up to 50 characters in length) is a unique name that is assigned to the template group. The field does not allow spacing between characters.
- Enter a description of the template group in the Name field. The description may be up to 300 characters in length.
- Select the appropriate dunning plan from the Dunning Plan drop-down.
Note: Dunning refers to a payment collections process whereby a business communicates with its customers who have fallen behind in paying a bill. A customer account enters Dunning when it is past-due and it exits Dunning and returns to an Active status once the past-due amount is paid. If there are multiple dunning plans applicable within a country, you must create multiple Notification Template Groups, one for each combination of Country and Dunning Plan.
- Choose the dunning plan behavior from the Dunning Behavioral Option Override drop-down. The available dunning plan behaviors include:
- None: Indicates that the behavior as defined in the dunning templates per the selected dunning process will not be altered.
- Distill and Send Message: Indicates that the appropriate template defined per each dunning step will be distilled and automatically sent to the account holder.
- Distill Message But Do Not Send: Indicates that the message will be distilled but will not be sent to the account holder. This selection might support a use case wherein you facilitate the emailing of dunning notices to account holders from your own systems. In this case, you would typically activate and receive a dunning event notification from Aria and use the event payload with the get_acct_message API to retrieve email template content and the email notification to the account holder. This distilled message is also available within Aria6 as part of recent communications via the Account Overview.
- Produce No Message: Indicates that no message is produced. This might support a use case wherein you receive an event notification and use the payload to create and send your own dunning notification.
- If you wish to assign this as the default Notification Template Group for this client, check the box next to Make this the default template group? When this box is checked, all accounts will default to this notification group if no other groups are mapped to the account. This also applies to dunning plan assignments.
- Select the appropriate template class from the Template Class list. It is possible to add multiple template classes to a template group by pressing and holding the Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) keys while making your selection from the Template Class list.
Note: A Notification Template Group must contain at least one template class, OR a dunning plan, OR both template classes and a dunning plan.
- Upon selecting the desired template class click Add. The selected template class loads at the bottom of the screen allowing you to:
- Choose the email template to use for the notification.
- Define the behavior of the template class.
- Select the desired email template from the Template drop-down. This template is the template that is used when communicating with an account holder. For instance, if you wish to send an "Account Welcome" email to an account, select the desired "Welcome" email template from this drop-down.
- Select the desired template behavior from the Behavioral Option Override dropdown. The available template behaviors include:
- Distill and Send Message: The Notification Template message is generated and sent to the designated account holder.
- Distill Message But Do Not Send: The Notification Template message is generated but is not sent to the designated account holder.
- Produce No Message: The system does not generate a Notification Template message.
- Upon selecting the template behavior, click Save. The Notification Template Group is created and appears on the Notification Template Group list screen.